Subscribe to blog updates via email »
Your Mess Is Your Message. Amber Rae on Choosing Wonder Over Worry. – Love Your Work, Episode 153
Amber Rae (@heyamberrae] was on the wrong path. She was swept up in the hype of the Silicon Valley startup scene. She was working too many hours on too many projects. She pushed herself so hard, she drove herself into anxiety, addiction, and eventually triggered a seizure.
But Amber was doing some writing on the side. That writing helped her discover what she was hiding from, and find meaning in her past. In Amber’s mess, she found the message.
Now Amber helps entrepreneurs and creators develop emotional mastery. She’s sharing what she’s learned in her new book, Choose Wonder Over Worry: Move Beyond Fear and Doubt to Unlock Your Full Potential.
In today’s conversation, we’ll talk about:
- What’s easy for you, but amazing for others? You’ll hear shortcuts you can take to find the secret superpower hiding right beneath your nose.
- How did Amber become a writer by accident? You’ll hear about the way she mentally framed the work she did, and how that held her back in some areas, while propelling her forward in others.
- What did Amber learn from working closely with Seth Godin? What did she do when Seth told her he thought the project she was working on would wind up a failure?
Amber’s a very exciting creator, and there’s much much more to this conversation, so listen to hear the rest.
Join the Patreon for (new) bonus content!
I've been adding lots of new content to Patreon. Join the Patreon »
Babbel: The #1-selling language learning app in the world. Learn Spanish, French, Italian, German, Russian, Swedish, and more. Use offer code LYW to get 50% off your first 3 months at http://babbel.com.
Subscribe to Love Your Work
Listen to the Amber Rae Interview
- Listen in iTunes >>
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- RSS feed for Love Your Work
Theme music: Dorena “At Sea”, from the album About Everything And More. By Arrangement with Deep Elm Records. Listen on Spotify »
Thinking of writing a book?
(for a limited time)