Subscribe to blog updates via email »
Be Hyperfocused in 2019: Chris Bailey, Author of The Productivity Project & Hyperfocus – Love Your Work, Episode 157
Chris Bailey (@Chris_Bailey) had a crazy thought: What if, after graduating from college, instead of getting a job – what if instead he spent a year learning everything he could about productivity?
Chris followed that crazy thought into a project he called “A Year of Productivity.” That was five years ago, and Chris has now written two books: First, The Productivity Project, and now his new book is Hyperfocus: How to Be More Productive in a World of Distraction.
Chris has a unique approach to productivity advice. He mixes scientific research with his own sometimes-whacky personal experimentation. He once purposefully made himself bored for an hour a day with tasks such as “watching paint dry” or “reading the iTunes Terms and Conditions.”
As we go into 2019, we’re all thinking about how we can be better in many things. This conversation will give you fresh thinking for how you keep yourself productive and focused.
We’ll talk about:
- How did Chris make the decision to turn down job offers and dedicate himself to studying productivity? The more confident you can be in your decisions, the more focused you can be. Chris’s “regret minimization” technique will help you frame your big decisions.
- How does Chris separate the scientific research behind staying productive and focused from the hype around being productive and focused? The better you can separate the wheat from the chaff, the easier you can find what works for you.
- How can you start forming your own unique approach to productivity and focus – and how can you start that TODAY? There are already clues you can look at to start being more focused than ever. Chris is going to share those with you.
Image credit: Chris Roussakis
Join the Patreon for (new) bonus content!
I've been adding lots of new content to Patreon. Join the Patreon »
Subscribe to Love Your Work
Listen to the Chris Bailey Interview
- Listen in iTunes >>
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- RSS feed for Love Your Work
Theme music: Dorena “At Sea”, from the album About Everything And More. By Arrangement with Deep Elm Records. Listen on Spotify »
Thinking of writing a book?
(for a limited time)