Subscribe to blog updates via email »
Design Internship advice to a Millennial – Love Your Work, Episode 88
Love Your Work listener Gustav Dybeck is a design student from Sweden. He has an opportunity to do an internship for about 9 months, and he wants to make the most of it before he starts his career.
You may have heard a clip a couple of episodes back on Gustav’s favorite moment on Love Your Work.
He was in Medellin awhile back, and since I originally pursued a career in design, Gustav was interested in hearing what I thought he should do for his internship. So, we talked about it in a cafe.
A quick warning, there’s a lot of background noise in this. It was an off-the-cuff idea to record our conversation, so this episode is a bit of an experiment.
We’ll talk about:
- Experiences abroad: do they really make you more innovative?
- Working for prestigious firms: is it really worth it? If you don’t pursue a prestigious firm, what should you pursue?
- What one experience did I personally have early in my career that completely changed my perspective about what I wanted to accomplish in design?
Support the show
Put your money where your mind is. Patreon lets you support independent creators like me. Get early access, bonus content, and other perks. Support now on Patreon »
Pistol Lake: Ultra-functional apparel for minimalists. Get 10% off and a 100-day free trial of Pistol Lake apparel at http://pistollake.com/loveyourwork. Use the code LOVEYOURWORK at checkout.
Subscribe to Love Your Work
Listen to the Podcast
- Listen in iTunes >>
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- RSS feed for Love Your Work
Thinking of writing a book?
Download your FREE copy of How to Write a Book »
(for a limited time)