Subscribe to blog updates via email »
Easy Money. Hard Time. Ryan Evans. – Love Your Work, Episode 191
Ryan Evans (@ryanevans) wanted to make easy money. Growing up on a pig farm, Ryan was used to making little money for lots of hard work.
But Ryan would soon learn an important lesson about the dangers of easy money.
This is, in my opinion, the most powerful conversation I’ve had on the show yet. In it, we’ll talk about:
- Are there good ways to make money, and bad ways to make money? Ryan’s hard lesson gives him a unique perspective that few people have.
- Hear the story of what it’s like to get investigated by the SEC for insider trading.
- What’s it like to serve hard time for making easy money? If you’ve ever wondered what federal prison was like, Ryan will tell you.
I had to cut a third of this conversation out, in order to fit our production budget. We pay by the minute for editing, so there isn’t room for the whole thing. Patreon supporters got access to the raw uncut conversation weeks ago, delivered straight to their favorite podcast apps. Support Love Your Work on Patreon to hear the whole thing, and get other goodies in the process. Join at patreon.com/kadavy.
New Weekly Newsletter: Love Mondays
Start off each week with a dose of inspiration to help you make it as a creative. Sign up at: kadavy.net/mondays
Support the show
Put your money where your mind is. Patreon lets you support independent creators like me. Get early access, bonus content, and other perks. Support now on Patreon »
Subscribe to Love Your Work
Listen to the Ryan Evans Interview
- Listen in iTunes >>
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- RSS feed for Love Your Work
Theme music: Dorena “At Sea”, from the album About Everything And More. By Arrangement with Deep Elm Records. Listen on Spotify »
Thinking of writing a book?
Download your FREE copy of How to Write a Book »
(for a limited time)