Subscribe to blog updates via email »
Making Money on STEEM and Steemit: A Beginner’s Guide to Earning Cryptocurrency on the Blockchain – Love Your Work, Episode 110
Something that has been on the top of my mind the past few years is how creators can make an honest living from their work. You heard me talk with Hooked author Nir Eyal back on episode 21 about how technology is fragmenting attention, for example. These economics incentivize creators to be outlandish or even dishonest.
Build your 100-word writing habit with my free email course. Click here to sign up »
But, the blockchain and cryptocurrencies may change all of that. I’ve been earning money for my writing lately on the STEEM blockchain, on a social network called Steemit. You heard me talk to STEEM’s CEO, Ned Scott back on episode 71.
I recently cashed in over $1,000 in STEEM cryptocurrency. Today I’ll be giving a basic introduction to making money on Steemit. You’ll learn:
- Where does the money come from? I cash in the STEEM Tokens I earn, but why are they worth anything?
- What are the various forms of STEEM, and what are they for? I’ll talk about STEEM, STEEM Power, and STEEM Dollars.
- Once you earn STEEM, how can you convert it to USD? I’ll give you the gist in this episode, but for step-by-step instructions, visit the original post for my beginner’s guide to STEEM
Support the show
Put your money where your mind is. Patreon lets you support independent creators like me. Get early access, bonus content, and other perks. Support now on Patreon »
Subscribe to Love Your Work
Listen to the Podcast
- Listen in iTunes >>
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- RSS feed for Love Your Work
Theme music: Dorena “At Sea”, from the album About Everything And More. By Arrangement with Deep Elm Records. Listen on Spotify »