Subscribe to blog updates via email »
Love Your Work, Episode 43 – Stop Giving a F*ck? Mark Manson
Mark Manson is known for writing personal development advice that doesn’t suck. He writes at markmanson.net, which has more than 2 million readers a month. Mark writes about a variety of topics, including happiness, self-knowledge, habits, and relationships.
You’ve probably read Mark’s work before. Big hits include “Fuck Yes or No,” “In Defense of Being Average,” and an article by the same name as his upcoming book: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck.
I love Mark’s writing because it cuts right through the usual self-help nonsense you read that may make you think that all you need to do is follow your passion and think positively and you’ll somehow magically become successful.
Build your 100-word writing habit with my free email course. Click here to sign up »
Instead, Mark encourages you to see things as they are, to find comfort in discomfort, and to accept that when you try to have it all, you really end up with very little.
So, this interview is great for anyone ready to face the hard truths in life in pursuit of being the best version of themselves.
In this discussion, you’ll learn:
- Find out why mark starts off his new book telling you “don’t try.”
- How can you find fulfillment and shut down unhealthy cycles in your life and relationships?
- How can travel clean away your biases and insecurities?
- If you’re living or considering living the digital nomad lifestyle for awhile, how does Colombia differ from Brazil?
- How can you get the benefits of travel without leaving your hometown?
- Wow does your lifestyle change when your values change?
- If you’ve been wondering: should you make your bed?, Mark shares his philosophy.
WP Engine: Is your WordPress site fast? Get a free speed report at wpengine.com/speedy
Treehouse: Take your career to the next level with 1000’s of training videos from experts. Treehouse is offering our listeners a free trial. To claim your free trial, and support the show, just go to https://kadavy.net/treehouse
Audible: Choose from over 180,000 audiobooks on any subject you can imagine. Claim your free audiobook at https://kadavy.net/audible
Subscribe to Love Your Work
Listen to the podcast episode
- Listen in iTunes >>
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- RSS feed for Love Your Work
- Mark’s Twitter
- Mark’s Facebook
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life
- Charles Bukowski
- The Secret
- Is it Just Me, Or is the World Going Crazy?
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind
- Jodi Ettenberg episode
100-Word Writing Habit is my free email course to help you build a writing habit »