Subscribe to blog updates via email »
Mini-life case study: One couple, 6 months in Medellín – Love Your Work, Episode 96
I’ve talked a little on this show – especially in the early days – about the idea of “mini-lives”. Basically, you go live your normal life in another city for a month, or two months.
Or, in the case of our guests today, about six months. Mike and Megan left their jobs in Washington DC, and before they decided to go anywhere else, they wanted to live a mini life.
And, they came to Medellín. I sat down with them in a cafe to hear their story. You’re going to hear:
- Their philosophy behind living a mini-life. What did they want to get from the experience?
- How did they make the decision that the financial investment was worth it for them?
- What have they learned from the experience? How has it really tested them?
If you’ve been considering planning a mini-life, check out the bonus content for this episode on LYW Elite. About twenty minutes of this conversation ended up on the cutting-room floor. I shared some tips I’ve learned over the years for planning a successful mini-life.
Join the Patreon for (new) bonus content!
I've been adding lots of new content to Patreon. Join the Patreon »
Videoblocks: Save on millions of studio-quality, royalty-free video clips. Try out all the stock video you can imagine FREE for 7 days. Go to videoblocks.com/loveyourwork
Subscribe to Love Your Work
Listen to the Podcast Interview
- Listen in iTunes >>
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
- RSS feed for Love Your Work
Thinking of writing a book?
(for a limited time)